The Birthday Cake Legacy


I blame my mother…. each year on my birthday my mother would create my birthday cake and every year the cake was better than the previous years. I would impatiently wait in my room for the big reveal and be led blindfolded to the kitchen to be wowed with my Mom’s latest handiwork.  This was in the years before we had Pinterest and the internet for inspiration!

When my first little princess’ birthday came around, I realized that it was essential that I continue the tradition. How hard could making a cake really be?  Lets just say that that first attempt at a simple heart shaped cake was a disaster and a disgrace to the legacy of my mother’s birthday cakes.
I decided at that point, that I would learn to make beautiful cakes if it killed me! Fast forward to today, I think I have achieved my goal of being able to create a decent birthday cake. I have even sold some of my creations for a small profit. 

Here are some pics of the evolution of my cakes:













0 comments:

Post a Comment